Director of Faith Formation
Southminster Presbyterian Church
Title: Director of Faith Formation
Status: Part Time, 20 hours/week
Accountability: Accountable to the Pastor
Responsibility: Responsible for the Nursery Attendant
Purpose: To engage children and families in the life of the church so that they might grow in faith, experience God’s love, and serve God’s world.
- Christian Education
- Provide age appropriate curriculum planning and resources for Sunday School.
- Recruit and train teachers and other volunteers.
- Oversee the upkeep of Sunday School classrooms and Sunday School workroom.
- Provide resources to families to talk about faith at home- e.g. Lent in a Bag.
- Coordinate Summer Day Camp/Toddler Week with volunteer leaders.
- Oversee the nursery caregivers and implementation of the Child Safety Policy.
- Intergenerational Fellowship
- Coordinate Intergenerational Fellowship events with lay leaders including: Rally Day Picnic, Fall Festival, Birthday Party for Jesus, Easter Egg Hunt, Spring Picnic, and Summer Ice Cream Social.
- Coordinate Senior Prayer Partners.
- Provide staff support for Youth Advisors.
- Seek opportunities to foster intergenerational relationship building and faith development.
- Work alongside the Pastor and Director of Music to fully engage children, youth and families in weekly worship.
- Organize regular celebrations to mark the life milestones of our children and families.
- Assist in leading worship as needed.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and quarterly Congregational life meetings.
Evaluation: Meet with Head of Staff and Personnel Committee Representative on an annual basis to review job responsibilities, receive performance feedback, and set annual goals.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.